HOW TO GET A VISA-FREE ENTRY TO TAIWAN IN LESS THAN 10 MINS (for Philippine passport holders)
Have you ever wondered going to that small island nation just north of the Philippines? Were you a fan of Meteor Garden and dreamed of going to that country to relive the scenes acted by Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai? In this post, Where Monica Goes would give Philippine passport holders a detailed, Do-It-Yourself, no-fuss guide on How to Get a Visa-free Entry to Taiwan in less than 10 minutes.
HOW TO GET A VISA-FREE ENTRY TO TAIWAN
If you have a valid visa or residence permit in US, UK Canada, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand and any of the Schengen countries, then you are lucky to get a visa exemption. The process to get a visa-free entry to Taiwan is simple, quick and smooth which you can even do by yourself in front a computer. READ: How to Apply for Schengen Tourist Visa for Filipinos
If you do not have, then you must apply for the traditional way. Since I only experienced applying for a visa-free entry application, I could only talk about that. I hope that
Philippine passport holders can get a visa-free entry to Taiwan by applying for the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, which bypasses the need to apply for an actual Taiwan visa. This Travel Exemption Certificate allows Filipinos to travel in Taiwan for up to 30 days for FREE! Yes, you read that right. The best part of getting a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate is its convenience and cost-free scheme.
Are you excited now? Curious to know how to apply? Without further ado, here are the only THREE requirements you would need to get your visa-free entry to Taiwan with a Philippine passport.
THREE REQUIREMENTS TO GET A TAIWAN TRAVEL EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE FOR FILIPINOS
- Valid Philippine passport. It goes without saying that it should be valid for at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.
- Valid visa or permanent residence card to these countries: Schengen countries, UK, US, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. READ: How to Get a German National Visa for Filipinos
- When I applied, I have read that even single-entry visa holders can apply as long as they would go to Taiwan first. Basically, single-entry visa is fine as long as it is unused – before using your visa to the appropriate destination. I haven’t tried this though, but you can check.
- I have heard that the Taiwanese government is becoming more lenient these days by accepting expired OECD visas within the ten-year time frame. I also haven’t tried this. I have a German temporary residence card instead.
- Online Application Form. Link will be provided below.
Do I need to present my employment certificate, proof of financial resources, etc?
Definitely not! Only those mentioned above are really needed to apply for the travel exemption certificate.
How much will it cost?
Absolutely nothing! Yes, applying for the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate is FREE! You don’t need to pay anything.
Can I apply for the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate by myself?
Totally! This is a Do-It-Yourself application and you don’t need a travel agent to apply for you.
Now that you are ready with the requirements, let me walk you through the application process:
GUIDE IN FILLING OUT THE ROC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATON CERTIFICATE/TAIWAN VISA EXEMPTION CERTIFICATION FOR FILIPINOS
When you go to the application link for visa-free entry to Taiwan, you will come up with this page. For Philippine passport holders, you may choose English or Pilipino.
On the next page, a flowchart of the application process for visa-free entry to Taiwan will be shown. Read it and click “NEXT”.
The next page is the application form where you would write your personal details. This is pretty straightforward. In the special requirements, tick which one applies to you – an entry visa or resident card. For Schengen and Schengen National Visa, the number can be found on the top right corner of your visa.
After clicking next, this page would appear. Check if all your details are correct. After keying in the code, press the “submit” button. There would be a short online check to validate your information.
How long do I have to wait to get my Taiwan travel certificate?
Instantly! Or actually depending on your Internet speed. Really, you don’t need to wait more than 5 minutes to have it delivered to you. After the online checking/validation, you would receive your Taiwan travel certificate immediately. It is ready for print and use!
Go print your Taiwan visa exemption certificate in color. Better make copies. I always make duplicates or triplicates just to be sure.
ADDITIONAL TIPS AND REMINDERS
- The ROC Travel Authorization Certificate is only for Filipinos who have not been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.
- The Taiwan visa exemption certificate allows Filipinos to stay in Taiwan for 30 days. Multiple entries are allowed.
- The exemption certificate is only valid within 90 days after application.
- In the immigration, prepare to present your valid passport, relevant visa/residence permit, travel authorization certificate, return ticket and hotel accommodation.
So after printing your ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, you are now eligible to go to Taiwan visa-free! Easy peasy, huh? I hope this helps! Now, grab your bags, passport and return ticket and fly to Taiwan. Enjoy!